You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Dreamboard. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 12:04pm

Really annoying problem.

So after a while with my DM800 since it was really slow i bought a 500HD, and with it i bought a 3dtv too.

I mounted my linux pc on it to stream my movies and generally my content and to my big surprise i get some really annoying UI and encoding problems.

First of all, after i load up a 3d movie i see the 2 different videos left and right on the screen, i was like ok, this is normal, so i switched up 3d from the tv and everything was fine. Then i tried to go to the menu and wow i almost lost my eyes, i was like ok maybe the menu isnt compatible, but i mean come on, this is 2012 we need something to make the 3d menu work correctly.

Then i tried to load up subtitles in my native language and to my surprise first they werent readable exactly like the menu, and then the encoding was bad so i couldnt really read anything else except english.

Anything i can do to fix those things ?

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 12:52pm

There is a Plugin to enable 3D GUI: [E2 Plugin] 3D Settings You can find it on dreamboxupdate.com or your image's feed. You need a 3.2-based image (release or experimental).

In which format are your subtitles? Are they UTF-8 encoded? Which skin do you use?
so long
m0rphU

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 7:01pm

Hello and thanks for your reply i will try the 3d settings plugin, i am using DMConcinnity-HD as my skin, as for the encoding i have no idea if its utf-8 i will let you know soon.

Apparently they are UTF-8 yes, and i installed 3d settings with no luck i get these errors.

Some Plugins are not available:
Systemplugins/3DSettings ([Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/proc/stb/fb/primary/zoffset')

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sedde" (Apr 24th 2012, 7:48pm)

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 9:54pm

Which image are you using? I guess it's too old.
so long
m0rphU

Used tags

3D, annoying, dm500hd, tv