You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Dreamboard. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ACTAsucks

Dreamer

• "ACTAsucks" started this thread
  • Netherlands Thailand

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 12:01pm

OpenDreambox2.0.0 what xmltv EPG importer works?

Hello.

I'm experiencing OpenDreambox2.0.0 with some addons. :thumbup:

It's good, but their is one thing that i really need: XMLTV import that actually works. :S

Anyone has a howto to get it work?
So that the EPG (electronic program guide) has info from say up to a week?

Thanks.
Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw / CF & Newnigma2-unstable) - DVB-T | UPC Horizon (Royaal HD).

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 12:50pm

I don't think rytec is working with oe2.0, 'cos you need an enigma2 patch which won't work in new OE.

ACTAsucks

Dreamer

• Netherlands Thailand

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 2:25pm

It's not installable/working (rytec), CrossEPG also not installable at the moment. (probably oe1.6 ipk)
And i read on that forum that it is not possible, because xmltv import plugin from rytec integrates with image, and they say it's not allowed because of closed source license of DMM oe2.0.

So the question is: how can we feed our Electronic Program Guide with at least a few days of epg info. Now i only get from sat feed, and that is the next program, so then it's difficult to made timer recordings, because all info must be added manually. :thumbdown:

I hope Dream Multimedia will come soon with a newer opendreambox2.0.0 image that has xmltv or crossepg plugin import support. I mean how do you want to use a epg if it only show next program.(or 1 hour ahead instead of say a week)
Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw / CF & Newnigma2-unstable) - DVB-T | UPC Horizon (Royaal HD).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ACTAsucks" (May 12th 2012, 2:30pm)

ACTAsucks

Dreamer

• Netherlands Thailand

Monday, May 14th 2012, 1:36pm

I made a ticket forthis epg import topic.
Ticketnumber is: 2012051410000423

I hope DMM will added this soon, because it's pretty important to have a EPG that shows all info for the next days.
Because of creating timer recordings.

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 6:14pm

any news ?

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 7:04pm

The new epg- databases unfortunately is not as far as dmm developers would have liked it to be. At the moment chances are good, that you get a crossEPG- patch directly build into the closed source part of oe2.0 to reenable crossepg until the epg database solution is ready...

Friday, August 31st 2012, 11:30am

OE2 or back fto OE1.6

Is there any progress on the crossepg import in OE2? :?:
HerbyA

Dreambox 8000 mit Samsung Eco Green 1,5 T
Buffalo Linkstation Live 1T, Synology DS221j und Twonky
Buffalo Linktheater

Friday, August 31st 2012, 3:03pm

Apparently, using plug-ins can be downloaded TSPanel Crossepg, under oe2.0. Personally, I have not checked.

ferdi47

Dreamer

Italy

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 8:50am

I am not using OpenDreambox OE2.0 , because CrossEPG does not work.
I believe that many users like me are waiting for a solution.

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 9:23am

Dear Sirs,

currently I am not so happy with my DM8000. Baught as premium device this device turns out not to be able to receive EPG data from foreign satellite services like 28,2°. So I helped myself with a plugion named CrossEPG that worked fine with OE 1.5.
With some tricks I got it to work under OE 1.6 - but with a lot of Green Screens and other problems (I have to reboot to load the data into the EPG database of the DM8000).

Since OE 2.0 is now closed source and CrossEPG is not working anymore and no other solution is in sight the DM8000 is really unattractive now. It would be even difficult to sell a premium receiver without a european EPG.
OE 1.6 -> not stable
OE 2.0 -> not available

I will not even test an OE x.x that does not contain a working EPG solution. For a receiver of 1.000 EUR I think there should be a solution available.

When will there be a solution available?

Please mind your comments like "Use OE 1.5" etc.

Best regards

Trembler

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 9:17pm

There is no news regarding this subject. DMM is still working on an EPGDB solution with import interface.
Even though there are various workarounds (i.e. Multibooting, or using another box with OE 1.6 for data collection and epg.dat creation, etc.) for using external EPG data in OE 2.0, none of them are trivial.

ferdi47

Dreamer

Italy

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 9:07am

Quoted

DMM is still working on an EPGDB solution with import interface
can we know the time required ? - thanks

Quoted

Even though there are various workarounds ...
are you suggesting a temporary system ?

Monday, September 10th 2012, 12:17am

I cannot give you a time frame. Only DMM can.

As to the workarounds - you will need a box with OE 1.6 (either multiboot or directly in the flash of the box) and CrossEPG to create the epg.dat, which you then are able to import into your OE 2.0 image.
In the meantime you could also use the EPG Update & Restore plugin (if the providers you need are included), which essentially does just that (import an OE 1.6 epg.dat into OE 2.0).

ferdi47

Dreamer

Italy

Monday, September 10th 2012, 4:07pm

EPG Update & Restore doesn't work with Italian providers.
How to import EPG into OE2.0 image ?
thanks

Monday, September 10th 2012, 5:40pm

Create the epg.dat with CrossEPG on an OE 1.6 image.
Have the OE 1.6 image load the new epg.dat and write it out again at least once (else you will get an E2 core crash while loading it into OE 2.0).
Stop E2 on your OE 2.0 box (init 4), replace the epg.dat with the one you just created, and start E2 again (init 3).

That's basically it. You can easily automate the process with a small shellscript.
I have a dedicated OE 1.6 box that does nothing else but create my epg.dat.
The solution is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 1:52pm

Two week ago a team has published an image with epg working, although they say they wait Dream Multimedia for a final fix,i wonder how they do. Can't you developers do the same ? epg on OE 2.0 is a nightmare.

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 2:53pm

Two week ago a team has published an image with epg working, although they say they wait Dream Multimedia for a final fix,i wonder how they do. Can't you developers do the same ? epg on OE 2.0 is a nightmare.
Still a workaround not a fix.
Dream Elite

ferdi47

Dreamer

Italy

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 7:23pm

Create the epg.dat with CrossEPG on an OE 1.6 image.
Have the OE 1.6 image load the new epg.dat and write it out again at least once (else you will get an E2 core crash while loading it into OE 2.0).
Stop E2 on your OE 2.0 box (init 4), replace the epg.dat with the one you just created, and start E2 again (init 3).

please can you explain in more detail how to do this step,
thanks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ferdi47" (Sep 13th 2012, 11:04am)

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 8:05pm

Umm.. you quoted my whole post. Which step exactly is giving you trouble?

bschaar

Dreamer

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 8:06pm

"write it out again" is in bold (if I'm not mistaken)

so you need to stop E2 to save the epg.dat once more