You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Dreamboard. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 10th 2013, 3:07pm

800HD PVR No response from browser

Hello everyone

Hope someone can help me on this one, I have a original Dreambox 800HD PVR, bought this when it was first released.

I need to flash the latest firmware on this but when I get onto the boot-loader interface through the browser, click firmware upgrade, choose file and then click Flash!
I do not get any response. Nothing happens.

Anyone ever had this problem, I have tried pretty much everything I can think of, have tried it with dreamup that just stays on "connection prepared now switch on the dreambox"

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Zed

Saturday, August 10th 2013, 3:54pm

Hi,

try another Web Browser..

Opera.. or older IE.

cu

Sunday, August 11th 2013, 12:11am

H
Hi,

try another Web Browser..

Opera.. or older IE.

cu
Have tried every browser, Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, IE...

All same result. Its the same response when you select a wrong type of file i.e. .img or .exe

Is there anyway of completely erasing the firmware via serial and telnet?

Thanks

Sunday, August 11th 2013, 9:40am

Try an old Firefox, like version 3.xx
How can we win, when fools can be kings?

Sunday, August 11th 2013, 12:07pm

Is there anyway of completely erasing the firmware via serial and telnet?

Almost :) With serial / Nullmodem connection and DreamUp you can flash a new image. Any newer bootloader (included in every image) should fix the browser problems.

DreamUp, Bootloader and images can be found at: http://dreamboxupdate.com/
so long
m0rphU