DM500 HD Flashing firmware by Browser
Flashing a new firmware by Browser
What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server and a configured bootloader
You need a browser and a network cable. Connect your Dreambox to a switch/hub/router in your lokal LAN.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
If you don't have one, you have to setup an IP address (klick) in the bootloader's serial setup.
- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by switching off by the power switch.
Standby is not enough!
- (1.) Press and hold the power button.
- (2.) Switch on your Dreambox.
- (3.) Your Dreambox will get the next free DHCP IP address from your router.
- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" .
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.
- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.